Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor lead online training sessions this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
In today’s competitive market, how do you differentiate you and your organization from others? How do you ensure that you’re adding value?
This interactive seminar will help you to develop crucial customer service skills to build strong relationships with your clients, whether one-on-one or with a group. You’ll learn how to engage with the customer, and how to proactively recommend additional products and services to your client, as part of the overall service you provide. You’ll also learn how to best represent your organization and build your customer service reputation. In addition, we’ll cover aspects related to negotiations, cross and up-selling, and closing the deal.
Through a series of hands-on workshops, you’ll build your confidence and competitive advantage to provide exceptional customer service for existing and future customers.
In this seminar, you’ll learn to:
- Develop your customer engagement and experience strategy
- Apply effective listening skills
- Draw out what your clients really need, and how to add value
- Work with difficult and demanding customers
- Build strong and lasting relationships with potential and existing clients
Instructor: Eric Tung is a Business Communications Instructor at SFU’s Beedie School of Business, and an English Instructor at UBC’s Extended Learning, where he teaches business and technical writing courses. Eric also designs and delivers customized workshops to engineering, construction, and consulting firms. He works with clients and coaches them on developing their effective communication skills, negotiation skills, and customer service and sales skills.
In addition to teaching and coaching, Eric is a business transformation and change management consultant, where he advises firms on large-scale organizational-wide changes. Eric’s clients range from smaller consulting firms to larger organizations such as the City of Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, Metro Vancouver, BC Hydro, TELUS, BC Pension Corporation, BC Safety Authority, and Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group.
June 7, 2022 8:30am - 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 8, 2022 8:30am - 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or [email protected] for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.