This webinar begins with a background on pavement condition evaluation, examples of typical pavement distresses, overview of the life cycle of pavement assets and methods to establish maintenance and rehabilitation needs.
Details on common flexible and rigid pavement maintenance techniques are provided along with program implementation steps.
The life-cycle benefits of pavement maintenance and rehabilitation are discussed and finally key steps to ensure the success of program.
- Understand the timing and implementation of pavement maintenance and rehabilitation techniques.
- Introduction to effective pavement preservation procedures and processes.
- Ability to evaluate the life-cycle benefits of pavement maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Understand the costs and benefits of timely preventive maintenance.
Instructor: David K. Hein, P.Eng.
David Hein is a consulting Civil Engineer with over 35 years of experience in the design, evaluation and management of pavement infrastructure. He recently retired from Applied Research Associates, Inc. of Toronto, Ontario. He is the past president of the American Society of Civil Engineers Transportation and Development Institute, long term member of the Transportation Association of Canada and has represented Canada on the World Road Association pavements and asset management committees since 2002. He has been involved in numerous national and international projects including many of the public/private/ partnership highway construction projects across Canada and the United States. Mr. Hein has completed numerous pavement design, evaluation and management projects throughout British Columbia including both design and management of the Sea to Sky Highway and is a regular instructor completing specialty design, construction and maintenance courses for the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation.
Webinar time: 1:00 - 2:30 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
Computer or laptop
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS is reccomended
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.