This one-day workshop is designed to heighten the awareness of Underground and Overhead Utility Safety with a strong focus on safe work practices and industry standards while working in proximity to all types of utilities found in an urban setting. Safety regulations and best practices along with operational techniques surrounding ground disturbance are detailed.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
· To convey regulations and acts related to buried utilities in B.C.
· Understand Potential hazards associated with utilities
· Identify best practices and planning prior to excavating
· Knowing you responsibilities regarding contact and reporting
· Knowing the best methods to locate and excavate near utilities
· Identify limits of approach
· Review hand digging techniques
· Top Man (Pad man) Roles & Responsibilities
· Understand BC1Call Ticket information and Map Reading Symbols
· Identifying Underground Utilities Locate Tip & Tricks
Certification: Certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Duration: Eight hours (8 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Delivery Method: Virtual Session - Zoom Meeting
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and upon completion a digital certificate if requested.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
1. Computer or laptop
a. This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
b. Windows 10 or Mac iOS
2. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
3. Microphone (Mandatory)
4. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
5. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
6. Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.