This course will provide an in-depth look at the features of Microsoft Project as a project management tool.
Topics covered by this course:
- Modify project calendars (6 and 7-day weeks, statutory holidays, etc.)
- Modify task relationships and lags to allow for buffers and concurrent activity
- Set and modify the project baseline
- Manage resources for a project such as labour and explore resource leveling options in Microsoft Project
- Generate a cash flow projection based on the Microsoft Project schedule that can be exported into Microsoft Excel
- Sort, filter and group the project information
- Format project views and Gantt charts
- Set up a master program with subprojects (for construction managers and project managers who are managing multiple projects at the same time
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
This course is a CCA Gold Seal Certified Course and successful participants will be issued a certificate showing 1 GS Credit.
You will need to have MS Project 2016 (or newer) program downloaded and installed on computer. The web version will not be suitable.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a new session from a new provider. If you are looking for the 2-day Microsoft Project training we offered previously, that course is now posted on our schedule as Microsoft Project – Comprehensive.
Duration: One full day (8 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – GoToTraining
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Participants enrolling in this course should have a general understanding of project management concept and have basic skills with Microsoft Project.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone whose work involves planning and scheduling the work: project managers, project coordinators, construction managers, superintendents, general foremen, foremen and estimators of all levels will benefit from the workshop. This course is for contractors and subcontractors in all segments of the construction industry.
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
1. Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
2. Software/Programs – MS Project 2016 (or newer) desktop program downloaded and installed on computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
Download Program Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products
3. Second Screen - In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
4. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class.
5. Microphone (Mandatory)
6. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
7. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
8. Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.