This is an interactive half-day seminar that will cover the fundamentals of interpreting construction specifications. The seminar will deal with the basics of reading and interpreting both the general and technical specifications.
• Recognize the role of the Project Manual in relationship to the bidding documents, construction contract documents, general requirements and the technical specifications
• Recognize the role of MasterFormat in Construction Specifications
• Recognize the difference between a Prescriptive Specification and a Performance Specifications
Who should attend? Anyone who is new to using Construction Specifications. This course is for Owners, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers.
Duration: 1/2 day – 4 hours
Webinar time: 7:00am - 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Take Construction Specifications 101 and Construction Drawings 101 and earn 1 Gold Seal Credit.
Instructor: Phil Perry of Perry Educational Services Ltd has 30 plus years in the Construction Industry, most of which was Project Managing Industrial Projects for General Contractors. He has been teaching Post-Secondary Construction Management Courses for the last twelve years for organizations such as the Edmonton Construction Association, Calgary Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, Ontario Roadbuilders Association, Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association, University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has been facilitating Better SuperVision programs since 2009. He has facilitated over 350 courses and over 2500 students over the last four years. In his spare time, Phil is a Master Course Facilitator for a National Sports Organization and chaired their National Coaching/Instructional Program for four years. He was the recipient of the 2018 IG Wealth Management Community National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award.
What previous participants said:
“Was presented in a way I could draw clear connections to my own business.”
“Very interactive, clear and open. Lots of useful details.”
“Well structured and flowed nicely.”
“Instructor was clear, concise, and responded well to questions.”
“Opportunity to participate from home, great way to display handouts so everyone is on the same page.”
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or [email protected] for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.