11331 Twigg Place
Please note, the venue asks participants to provide proof of vaccination or will administer a Covid rapid test before the class starts.
- Identifying types and components of Frame Scaffold
- Identify standard usage of Frame Scaffold
- How Frame Scaffolds are erected using Code of Safe Practice
- Determining equipment list and erect a multi-lift tower
- Work orders
- Identify and understand Rolling Tower Frame Scaffold
- Erect and dismantle a Rolling Frame Scaffold using Code of Safe Practice
- Identify scaffold configuration
Participants who score 70% or higher on the Competent Person written exam and display competency building frame scaffolding will receive a certificate of completion and wallet card from the SAIA Training Program, certifying completion of Competent Person Training in the erection of frame scaffolds.
All participants will be required wear a non-medical face-mask whilst in the classroom environment. Physical distancing will be maintained for the course duration, however, certain class exercises may involve participants and the instructor being physically closer than 6-feet. This is why participants and instructors are required to wear a non-medical face-mask. When strict physical distancing is not possible, instructors will also ask all participants to sanitize their hands immediately before and after such exercises.
Instructor: Jaysen Palangio has 35 years of knowledge and experience in the construction industry. He began his career as a young scaffold apprentice and eventually became a certified Journeyman scaffolder.
While working at Canada Scaffold Supply Co. Ltd for the last 25 years, Jaysen has acquired a strong background in Health and Safety and has a passion for sharing his knowledge and experience within a classroom environment. His goal is to provide every student with a better understanding of how to recognize, build and dismantle a safer scaffolding.
For more information contact 604-298-7795
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.