9830 100 Ave
Fort St John, BC
This course is for all managers, supervisors, team leaders or anyone who is responsible for achieving results through people and who want to bring the best out in people.
Participants will deepen their understanding of motivation, engagement, delegation / empowerment and practical feedback skills in this interactive (NO role plays), high energy and thought-provoking seminar.
Participants will learn proven, powerful and practical strategies and techniques that will last a life-time and can be applied the next day.
Module ONE – Creating a Culture of Engagement & Teamwork
- Understanding group dynamics and how to develop team synergy
- The 11 characteristics of high performance teams (assessment tool)
- Team meeting communications (assessment tool)
- Developing clear performance expectations for the team
- The four core elements of a high performance team
- The most common team pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The seven roles of a highly effective team leader
Module TWO – Delegation & Empowerment
- The principles of effective delegation
- What empowerment really means and why it is so important
- The complete 7 step delegation process
- The risks and restrictions of empowering people
- How to determine how much freedom and latitude to give an employee in terms of “how” to do a task
- The vital importance of developing clear “outcome-based” performance expectations whenever possible
- A tool to determine what performance feedback is appropriate to give each employee
- How to teach and facilitate a process for employee problem solving to prevent reverse delegation
- The essential difference between accountability and responsibility
Module THREE – Core Communication Skills
- How to create constructive coaching conversations (effective one-on-one communication)
- How to listen so that people feel understood
- How put forth ones opinion or idea in manner most likely to gain acceptance and buy-in
- How to say no to some without rupturing the relationship
- How disagree someone without being disagreeable
- How to confront someone who’s behavior is problematic to you in a manner that minimizes defensiveness and best produces desired behavior change
Module FOUR – Coaching & Feedback Skills
- How to ensure what you say “sticks” with people delivering your message in a manner that optimizes clarity of understanding
- The essential difference between influence and persuasion
- How to plan and prepare for delivering difficult Re-directive feedback
- How to deliver Re-directive feedback in a manner that no one gets hurt
- The four steps and four levels of Re-directive feedback
- How to deliver Re-enforcing or positive feedback in a manner that makes it meaningful
Instructor: Greg Campeau has delivered over 2400 presentations and workshops throughout North America providing strategies and solutions that support both personal and organizational success. He has established a client list that includes organizations like Finning, Lafarge, NHL Coaches Association, BC Hydro, Rogers Wireless, APEG BC, SNC Lavalin, Klohn Crippen Berger and many more.
What previous participants said:
“This course was not good, it was excellent!”
“Overall, this is honestly the best one day course I have ever attended.”
“Comprehensive and valuable.”
“Instructor has excellent communication skills - very engaging.”
For more information contact 604-298-7795
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.