5500 180 Street
This is a technical training program for individuals wanting to obtain introductory level training in underground utility locating. The program was developed & supported by BC Construction Safety Alliance, WorkSafeBC, BC Safety Authority, BC Common Ground Alliance and BC Municipal Safety Association who saw the need to set a standard in utility locating instruction, and to provide the province with training that is tailored to BC workers.
This Utility Locator Specialist Course involves three (3) days of in-class and practical instruction and successful students must complete a written test and a site-based practical evaluation.
Students require CSA certified steel toe boots and high vis safety vest and bring your own Utility Locating Device if possible. Led by experienced hands on Instructor.
*Note: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants in this course will gain the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Locate underground utilities safely and effectively
- Apply skills in accordance with regulation and best practice
- Seek certification as a Registered Utility Locator Technician (Through the ASTTBC)
Modules and Learning Objectives
- Module 1: Introduction to Damage Prevention in British Columbia
- Module 2: The Locating System in BC
- Module 3: Utilities Infrastructure
- Module 4: Fundamentals of Electromagnetic Locating
- Module 5: Safety and Professionalism
- Module 6: Records, Maps and Documentation
- Module 7: Solving Problems
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.