Prince George, BC
- WorkSafeBC requirements for Fall Protection training in BC. As per Part 11 WCB BC Regulations
- Recognize work areas that will require the use of a harness based on Safe Work Procedures
- Owners Site Requirements, Special Requirements, Mines Act and other Regulatory Agencies
- Understanding a Hazard Assessment system to mitigate the fall hazards to acceptable levels
- Legislative requirements and understand Workers Responsibilities to Use and Wear PPE
- The types of systems used in fall protection: Fall Restraint – Fall Arrest - Guard rails and their components. Identify when and where each type must be used and why
- Identifying CSA requirements for components of a personal fall protection system
- Equipment inspection – Harness, lanyards and anchor points
- Completion of Equipment Inspection forms
- Anchor Points - Identify acceptable anchorage connection points and the
- Written fall protection plan requirements and complete Fall Protection Work Plan
- Basics of gravity - its effect on falling objects and resulting impact understanding self rescue
- Fall distances calculations and choosing right gear for height or risk involved
- Rescue and medical conditions due to falling / impact and or suspension time
Important: Photo ID is required to receive a certificate.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $50 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.