9830 100th Avenue
Fort St John, BC
Changes are an inevitable part of the construction process but if not managed well, change orders can cause unnecessary project disruptions and lead to cost increases and schedule delays. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
At the end of the course participants will be able:
- Identify changes from the original contract
- Document the changes
- Price changes fairly and realistically
- Present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- Understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- Negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- Understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- Develop a change order process for a construction company
- Issue a notice of dispute
- Proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
Instructor: Tim Williams, B.Econ., MBA, CPA, GSC is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
For more information contact 604-298-7795
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.