Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM PDT will receive logins and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
This course is intended for people working in estimating or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the building practices involved in the construction process
- Consider factors that affect labour and operational costs when preparing estimates
- Consider the management of materials for an estimate
- Describe how to maintain systems for managing records
- Know how to produce accurate and professional estimates
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Explain different types of changes and their impacts on projects
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion you can download your certificate
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification.
How registration works:
Once your registration information and payment have been received, you will be provided with your login information and instructions within 24 hours.
Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or [email protected] for more information.
|Introduction to Construction Estimating||
No cancellations/refunds once the login/password has been activated by the student.