Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM PDT will receive logins and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
This course is intended for people working in estimating or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
After completing this course, you will:
• Have a good understanding of estimating practices
• Know site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements
• Know how to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on the job
• Know how to manage materials on site
• Organize cost data in a clear and logical manner
• Have the ability to keep historical information related to costs (including those associated with labour, material, overhead, equipment and availability of required items)
• Know how and when to update historical information related to costs
• Assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
• Provide on-site solutions to work-related problems in relation to equipment and material placement
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion you can download your certificate.
How registration works:
Once your registration information and payment have been received, you will be provided with your login information and instructions within 24 hours.
Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It is recommended students use a computer with the following:
• Pentium 4, 3 GHZ
• 2 GB of system memory (RAM)
• Speakers or Headset
• High Speed Internet Access
• Adobe Flash Player 10+
Please note at this time it is not recommended that students use any version of Internet Explorer. We suggest that they either use Google Chrome or Firefox to take their course(s).
Please note that while the software is compatible with Mac computers, it is not compatible with iPads or iPhones.
No cancellations/refunds once the login/password has been activated by the student.