201-4199 Lougheed Hwy
Burnaby, British Columbia
On April 3, 2017, changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation regarding joint health and safety committees and worker health and safety representatives took effect. All new joint committee members selected on or after April 3, 2017 must receive eight hours of training. This course will help participants fulfill the new requirement.
- Know how to use the OHS Regulation and WC Act to access health & safety requirements;
- Explain the roles and functions of the Joint Committee and the Worker Representatives;
- Learn how to perform an incident investigation;
- Learn how to perform a formal site inspection; and
Develop a foundation in knowledge to:
- Promote workplace health and safety
- Assist in ensuring the health and safety program elements are implemented;
- Conduct and participate in Joint Committee Meetings; and
- Work cooperatively to address workers' health and safety concerns.
- Use of WorkSafe OHS Regulation;
- Joint Health and Safety committee and workers representatives;
- OHS Program;
- Safety Inspections;
- Incident investigations;
- Refusal of unsafe work;
- How to work as a committee;
- Different types of recommendations; and
- Hazard management.
Due to WorkSafe regulations around the required number of training hours, this workshop will begin at 8:00 AM sharp. Late arrivals will not be accepted.
What previous participants have said:
“The facilitator was the key to making this class a success. It could be dry, boring and tedious, but not with this instructor!”
"Very good, informative and interactive."
"More in-depth than expected."
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Skytrain: The office is easily accessible via the SkyTrain and is conveniently located within walking distance of Gilmore Station. Please see above map for your reference.
Bus: In addition to the SkyTrain, UHS is also located on the bus routes for the following: 28 Phibbs Exchange (Stop #58386) and 129 Patterson Station (Stop #58387).
Parking: Paid parking is available at Westpark (4120 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby) which is $12.75 daily or $2.75/90 minutes. Please see parking map under downloads on this page.
What to Bring: Note paper, a pen, and a highlighter. Your training manuals and other course material will be provided upon your arrival.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.