It’s common that we, as business owners, overestimate how clearly we’re communicating processes and expectations in our company, leading to lower margins and frustration for all stakeholders.
Understanding how to create (1) a clearly defined organizational structure, and (2) a detailed
workflow that outlines who does what and how to do it are two of the most important pieces of
infrastructure that you can build into your business. Without these parameters, people spend time on low-priority projects while important results are missed.
In this session, we’ll cover the basics of how to structure your company for increased productivity and we’ll give you frameworks to inject into your business right away.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the webinar, a builder will have direction and practical tools for implementation into their business to improve operational workflow processes; increasing efficiency, profitability, and organizational accountability.
In this session builders will learn:
1. How to determine roles, deliverables, and accountabilities for staff and subcontractors:
- understand who is best for what role, and why
- create clear deliverables for your staff, so that they know exactly what “good” looks like
- establish accountability and benchmarking for quality, volume, and profit from each role
2. The basics of organizational structure to optimize your operation:
- understanding the right roles
- measuring success
- communicating responsibilities
- the rules and expectations
- tools and applications to build
3. Employment agreements:
- How to document what an employee is expected to do over the year
- The power of alignment around accountabilities and deliverables
- Sample employment agreements
4. A framework to document your workflow and standard operating procedures in order to keep
your entire team aligned from project start to finish:
- job stages that outline the big picture of each job
- position hierarchy detailing who is involved in each task
- competencies needed for each staff to accomplish their owned-tasks
- standard operating procedures
BONUS TOOLS: We’ll provide participants will the following forms, templates, and examples that are tailored for use in residential construction, to use in their own businesses:
- Example Organizational structures and a step-by-step process for building your own
- Employment Agreement samples to use in YOUR business
- Example Workflow templates
- Sample Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Presenter: Benji Carlson
As the son of two proven entrepreneurs, Benji’s spirit for self-starting business runs deep. Since he was a young teen, Benji has been starting and running profitable small businesses; most recently culminating in a highly successful 4-year career as a franchisee with College Pro Painters. Benji’s enormous heart and passion for people is what drove him to produce over $1,000,000 in revenue while taking the highest quality care of his employees and customers. He was consistently acknowledged for having the most productive staff in the company, while leading more junior franchisees to fulfill their potential. Benji’s uncanny ability to find the right people and put them in the right place make him a natural fit for Breakthrough Academy’s Assessment Team.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device.