1665 Powick Road
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals
- Understand how Building Codes and Bylaws impact blueprints
- Understand specifications and the contractual hierarchy
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using
- Be familiar with architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings, and how they fit together
- Understand and be able to use architectural & engineering scales
- Understand how to convert engineering dimensions to architectural
- Know what a floor plan, section and elevation are
- Understand symbols, notation, abbreviations and material schedules
- Be able to work with the drawings to obtain basic information on dimension, finishes, details, area calculations, and the ability to do simple material take offs
- Be familiar with both commercial and residential blueprints
- Blueprint reading basics
- Design process and the role of design professionals
- Building Codes, bylaws and building permits
- Find trade information using blueprints
- Layout basics
- Architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings, and how they fit together
- Architectural & engineering scales
- Floor plans, sections and elevations
- Symbols, notation, abbreviations and material schedules
- Dimension, finishes, details, area calculations, and material take offs
- Understanding specifications
- Commercial and residential blueprints
What previous participants said:
“Everything presented was extremely valuable to me personally. I am glad I chose thise course for BC Housing CPD"”
"Chad was great! Super helpful with I required additional information."
"This course was both interesting and informative."
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 14 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 14 business days but more than 7 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.