3777 Henning Drive
Participants will improve their skills in communication and negotiation. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to de-escalate conflict, listen effectively, build mutual respect with others in a construction context and negotiate effectively.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic elements of communication and demonstrate effective communication skills with constructors.
• Understand motivation theory and apply motivational techniques to win trust and engage individuals/teams you work with.
• Identify different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately and negotiate effectively with each one.
• Understand the basics of negotiating, de-escalating conflict and setting the groundwork for effective negotiation.
• Ask effective questions and listen to others in order to get to the issues behind various negotiation intentions.
• Getting to a “yes” and closing a negotiation well.
The course is designed for construction owners, project managers, estimators, supervisors, and those involved in construction disputes.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.