#5 - 1850 Northfield Road
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff. Participants will learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision
• Identify different leadership styles and approaches
• Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
• Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
• Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
• Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
• Effectively manage time
• Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
• Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition and prevention
• Conduct a successful toolbox talk
• Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
• Apply various negotiating skills
• Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
• Use collaborative decision making skills
• Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.
What previous participants said:
“Great Class! Instructor was able to hold our attention for long periods of time.”
"Excellent course layoutand and presentation."
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Five (5) or more business days before the course: Full Refund of Registration Fee.
Less than five (5) business days before the course/day of the course: Complimentary substitution of another member of your company/team. No refunds. No transfers of registration fee to a future course date.
COVID-19 Update: If you are experiencing symptoms please contact us and stay home. We will refund attendees who are unable to attend training due to self-isolating.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.