3777 Henning Drive
The truth is that in our professional lives we don’t get what we deserve, need or even want – we get what we ask for. Do you ever feel that you are being taken advantage of? Achieving success in this increasingly interdependent workplace of the 21st century requires a new set of core competencies and the ability to effectively assert oneself to get your needs met while maintaining and even enhancing the quality of the relationship is near the top of the list.
In this 4-hour workshop you will learn proven, practical strategies and techniques that will optimize the effectiveness of one’s verbal communications.
This workshop is designed for anyone who is seeking to achieve better results dealing with people or anyone who is just looking to get his or her needs met more consistently.
- The most common reasons that most people fail to assert themselves
- Understanding the Passive – Assertive – Aggressive continuum
- The price of being too nice and the inevitable consequences of aggressive behavior
- The critical difference between being aggressive and being assertive
- The vital emotional intelligence (EQ) - assertiveness connection
- The key principles of developing and sustaining productive Relationships
- The key principles and practices of effectively providing behavior changing Feedback
- How to gain Influence with people and win them over to your way of thinking
- How to assert oneself in a manner people will listen, believe, understand, remember what you say
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- How to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your assertion
- How to say No, without feeling guilty, indebted or hurting the relationship
- A step-by-step process as to how to deliver four different types of assertiveness statements
This session is designed to be an interactive experience, similar to our in-person workshops. Participants should expect to interact with the instructor and other participants.
It is advised to have access to a desktop/laptop/tablet with a webcam and microphone, as well as reliable internet connection.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.