Debt has become commonplace in Canada. In fact, Canadians have some of the highest debt loads in the world. The reasons are complex. The good news is that for every debt problem, there is a financial solution. It is just a matter of looking at your whole financial picture and taking action.
In this webinar you will:
- Learn various types of debt (unsecured, secured, government)
- Explore strategies to repay debt
- Know where to look for help
Presenter: Sheilagh Cahill
In her capacity as a Certified Financial Educator, Sheilagh Cahill presents a wide range of financial literacy webinars. She champions the positive impact financial wellness offers: improved well-being resulting in reduced stress, increased morale, engagement, and productivity. Sheilagh enjoys building partnerships and developing awareness about the services provided by the Credit Counselling Society. She has over 10 years’ experience in business development, project management and producing television. Sheilagh holds a Certificate in Entertainment Administration from UBC, a Diploma in Business Management from Capilano University, and a Certified Educator in Personal Finance designation from the Centre for Financial Certifications.
November 25, 2021 - 11am - 12:15pm Pacific Standard Time
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.