This Gold Seal Certified Course is designed to improve skills in communication for supervisors and management in the office and in the field. Set up in 2 live instructor lead online training sessions (8:30am – 4:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will be able to identify and practice skills needed for effective communication and learn about barriers to communication. They will also learn about different communication styles and identify what their dominant style is as well as how to deal with people who have a different style of communication.
The course material also provides insight about anger and how to manage it as well as help develop the skills required to supervise others.
The course will also cover the following:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
Instructor: Fazal Bhimji, Cert. ConRes, BSc, CMed, has been involved with conflict resolution since 1991. He is an active mediator/arbitrator, a Provincial Court Mediator and a member of several mediation rosters including the BC Mediator Roster Society (Civil) and the Public Service Labour Relations Board (Fed.).
He has handled construction disputes as an arbitrator on the Better Business Bureau of Mainland BC roster as well other arbitrations for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service.
He is a conflict resolution coach at the JIBC Centre for Conflict Resolution and an instructor at the Centre for Leadership. He has prepared and delivered training programs for the Canadian Air Traffic Control Association and other clients in the Lower Mainland. He is in charge of training for Vancouver Control Tower.
April 21, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 4:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
April 22, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 4:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.