Do you know how to best support struggling employees to prevent negative outcomes?
This workshop will give managers and leaders the skills to understand and support employees dealing with mental health conditions.
- Anxiety disorders are a common and serious medical condition. Anxiety disorders are a very common and pervasive mental health issues in the workplace.
- Depression is a condition which leaves person feels discouraged, sad, hopeless, unmotivated, or disinterested in life in general for more than two weeks, these feelings interfere with daily activities.
This 1.5-hour workshop is focused on giving you the understanding, techniques, and confidence to assist you in supporting employee’s mental health in your workplace.
We will cover key topics, including:
- Understanding Anxiety and Depression.
- Identify the signs and symptoms.
- Describe Identify the most common stereotypes surrounding anxiety and depression.
- Describe how specific kinds of behaviours and thought patterns can maintain difficulties in anxiety and depression.
- Supervisory skills & strategies.
This session is designed to be an interactive experience, similar to our in-person workshops. Participants should expect to interact with the instructor and other participants.
While this session is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all sessions in the series or attend in any sequence. Each session can be attended independently.
It is advised to have access to a desktop/laptop/tablet with a webcam and microphone, as well as reliable internet connection.
Instructor: Jeffrey Cartwright's background includes 25 years experience working as a paramedic, firefighter and in the field of trauma response. He joined the New Westminster Fire and Rescue Services in August of 1995 after 3 years with BC Ambulance Service. He was promoted to qualified officer in 2009 and has since been confirmed to the ranks of Lieutenant, Captain, and acting Battalion Chief. He joined the Critical Incident Stress Management team in 2000. He has developed many initiatives for the team members by introducing them to the latest techniques and training. Jeffrey has transferred his skills to the private sector to facilitate training in the prevention of, and response to, traumatic events that can occur in any workplace.
Workshop Time: 10:00am – 11:30am Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.