The Bluebeam Revu: Hyperlinks is a course that teaches you the fundamentals of creating and using Hyperlinks with Bluebeam Revu.
This half day, instructor-led virtual course promises to shorten your staff's learning curve and maximize your investment in Revu by:
- Providing hands-on instruction by an experienced Construction Management Professional.
- Focusing on the best practices needed to use Revu to achieve greater productivity.
- Delivering frequent skills reinforcement through hands-on classroom activities, contextual feedback, quizzing and discussion.
- Applying a progressive learning structure where each learning module builds on previous learning objectives.
- Equipping learners with takeaway reference material, including practice files and a reference workbook to use beyond the classroom.
This course will include the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction
- Course introduction
- Introduction to Revu for Drawing Management
- Classroom Exercise
Module 2: Organizing your Documents
- Page Labels
- Extract Pages
- Using Extract Pages
- Extract Pages options
Module 3: Creating a Smart Drawing Set
Vector vs. Raster Data
- Vector Data
- Raster Data
- How the different types of Data impact your work
- Simple Hyperlinks
- Markup Hyperlinks
- Absolute vs. Relative Path
- Creating Hyperlinks with the Hyperlink Command
- Hyperlink to Snapshot View
- Hyperlink to a Place
- Hyperlink Search Results
- Using Batch Link
- Hyperlink Command
- Search and Hyperlinks
- Batch Link
Module 4: Managing Changes and Revisions
- How to use it
- Comparing Page Regions
- Overlay Pages
- How to use it
- Overlaying different size documents
- Using Batch Compare
- Using Batch Overlay
- Batch Compare and Batch Overlay
Module 5: Instructor Session: Questions and Answers
This course is ideal for any construction professional that needs to manage changes and revisions with their project documentation.
This is NOT a beginner course. You are expected to know what is taught in the Basics course before taking this course. Visit https://www.curtek.ca/revu-basics-knowlege-test to test your knowledge on the basics.
• A working knowledge of the use of personal computers
• A working knowledge of RFI’s, SI’s, and other change documentation
• Bluebeam Revu Basics training course
Helpful to have/know:
• Familiarity with PDF documents
• Scroll wheel mouse
• Microsoft Office Suite installed
• Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Familiarity with sending / receiving email
Recommended Computer Setup
You will need TWO screens for the training to be effective.
- The first screen needs to be a Windows computer with Bluebeam Revu 2020 installed.
- The second screen is to display the Zoom meeting (this could be a second monitor, a larger tablet (9" +) or a smart phone displayed on to a TV.
Bluebeam Revu Requirements
You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok, however the eXtreme version is recommended as many features taught are only available in eXtreme. The Mac version will not work. If you have an older version, you can download a 2020 trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
You can download a free 30-day trial here: https://www.curtek.ca/bluebeam-trial
Instructor: Morgan Garry
Morgan is a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. He has over a decade of hands-on experience in the construction industry, including owning his own construction company and working for one of the largest GC's in North America. He also holds a bachelor's degree in construction management from BYU-Idaho. Most importantly, he's a trusted expert in using Bluebeam technology on the construction site. Morgan's classes and training have helped some of the top construction companies in North America to improve processes, workflow, and project management with Bluebeam Revu.
October 26, 2021 - 8:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
It is highly recommended that you have a computer setup that allows for 2 screens. 1 screen to view the GoToTraining session, and the other screen to have your Bluebeam Revu software open. This can be done with a computer with 2 screens, or a combination of a laptop and a tablet.
You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme) If you have an older version of Bluebeam Revu (2017 or older), you can download a 2020 trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
You can download a free 30-day trial here: http://www.bluebeam.com/InstRevuTRIAL
Please note that the free trial is not compatible with Mac computers. The version of Bluebeam Revu created for Mac computers was discontinued in March 2019. Participants must use the Windows version for this session or run a parallels desktop system or a virtual machine with Windows.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.