Solving problems quickly and effectively directly impacts the ability to deliver a project on time, on budget, and with quality. While project teams are masters at dealing with problems as they arise, it is often a challenge to prevent them from happening again. As a result, large amounts of time, effort and energy are spent repeatedly addressing the same issues. During this 90-minute workshop, learn a practical approach to Lean construction that places focus on implementing lasting solutions to common problems.
Participants will learn:
- The 7 types of problems called waste, and how they apply to the construction industry.
- How to identify where the problems are using value stream maps.
- How to solve the problems using Plan, Do, Check, Act.
- How a create a culture of collaboration.
- Resulting benefits in the areas of productivity, lead times, quality, and employee engagement.
This workshop is intended for anyone with an interest in influencing positive change within their organization.
Instructor: Christy Nikel, President and Principal, LeanU
Christy Nikel is the President and Principal of Lean U Consulting, located in Kelowna, BC. As a Master Lean Black Belt with more than 18 years of experience teaching and applying the tools, her goal is to share Lean thinking in a practical, effective, and energizing way.
What previous participants said:
“This was one of the best courses that I have attended. The Last Planner Tool was eye opening.”
“Great energy – clearly passionate and it does make a difference to have that kind of presenter.”
“Relevant content to our business. Good execution!”
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.