2170 Carpenter Street
Taught by an accomplished crane instructor and Rigger Certifier, the Level 1 Rigger Certification Course combines in-class content with practical experience. In this 1-day course, students receive classroom theory and hands-on practical training including calculating load weights, finding load centre of gravity, rigging loads and making actual crane lifts giving direction to the crane operator.
The training will be followed by a written exam and a one-on-one hands-on assessment by the instructor who is a Rigger Certifier. The instructor will provide feedback of each participant’s skills, giving successful participants a Level 1 Rigger Certificate of Competence valid for 5 years.
The goal of the Level 1 training program is to equip you for a safe career as a knowledgeable and confident rigger.
- Crane and hoisting hand signals
- Load weight estimation
- Location of the load centre of gravity (COG)
- Rigging hardware and appropriate uses
- Rigging hardware inspection and rejection criteria (regulations varied by jurisdiction)
- Use of rigging tables to select appropriate hardware for hoisting
- Sling angle capacity calculation
- Care and storage of rigging hardware
- Common hazards and safety around cranes and overhead hoists
- Lift planning and advanced topics awareness
- Adequate strength
- Fluent English
- Good reading comprehension
- A written exam
- A hands on assessment
After you are certified as a Level 1 Rigger you will receive a Fulford Cranesafe picture ID wallet card valid for 5 years.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.