Please note that this is an 8-hour course that takes place over 2 days. Part 1 is Nov 17, and Part 2 is Nov 18. Both sessions run from 8:00am-12:00pm. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions.
You will receive login instructions from the instructor in advance of the workshop.
Imagine being able to make better than average profits, expand your capacity, ensure success and build a better company. This course was designed to do just that. It isn’t a miracle cure, it’s a program that teaches the fundamentals of strategic planning to construction professionals.
This course, specifically designed exclusively for contractors, is based on a theoretic, privately-owned company whose three principal shareholders have grown their business into one of the foremost mechanical contractors in the province. Annual revenues of $25M have established the company as an industry leader. The shareholders recognize that operations and profits have been stable for the past four years and feel this is a prime time to grow the company to a new level. To do that, they will create and implement a three-year Strategic Growth Plan.
During this 8-hour instructor-led live webinar and Gold Seal certified course, participants methodically work through all the segments to create a comprehensive 3-year Strategic Growth Plan and use it as the foundation for producing Business and Financial Plans. The results:
- Revenues increase $ 3.9M,
- Gross profits increase 1.3%,
- G&A expenses decrease 0.6%,
- Net operating income increases 1.5% and
- Cash position improves by $1.2M.
- Identify and enhance Strengths and Opportunities
- Discover and mitigate Weaknesses and Threats
- Strategic Growth Plan
- Labour productivity improvements
- Identify lack of resources
- Business plan
- Financial plan
- Key Performance Indicators and
- Increased revenues, profits and cash flow
Instructor: Wayne Newell
For over 35 years Wayne served in senior financial leadership roles and worked with companies throughout Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. His experiences and expertise, shared with many companies, has helped owners, managers, employees and businesses grow. In doing so, he has amassed a library of knowledge on what makes a successful contracting company.
During his seminars he discusses his experiences in implementing specific techniques, methods and strategies used to help contracting companies increase profits, control and/or reduce costs and improve cash flows. He has been presenting his exclusive seminars in major Canadian cities since 2003. He was awarded his CMA in 1972!
November 17, 2021 - 8:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
November 18, 2021 - 8:00am - 12:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 7 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 7 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.