Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor led online training sessions (8:30am – 12:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using PMBoK approach) and how to successfully manage a complex project.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Gain the essential skills to manage a construction project
• Understand the importance of project planning
• Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
• Use the appropriate contracts for the project eg CCDC/CCA etc.
• Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
• Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
• Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
• Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
• Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
• Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
• Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
• Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
• Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
• Use of job profit forecasting methods to integrate into company forecasting systems
• Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
Audience: The course is designed for construction owners, project managers, estimators, supervisors and staff.
The instructor: Mark Waters, CTech., GSC has worked in the construction industry for the past 30 years and is an experienced project manager and estimator. He graduated from the BCIT Geomatics Technician program with honours in 1996 and joined the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC (ASTTBC) in 1997.
November 29, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
November 30, 2021 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.