Set up in 4 - 1/2-day live instructor leads online training sessions this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid. The course is designed for construction estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating. At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
- Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
- Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
- Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
- Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
- Formulate a bid strategy
- Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
- Use Construction Division Codes
- Understand how to present a bid
- Be familiar with how to use the bid depository
- Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
- Understand the post-bidding process
- Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
Topics to be covered:
- Project analysis
- Risk analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Client risk analysis
- Record keeping
- Bid strategies
- Preparing estimates and the estimating process
- Construction Division Codes
- Presenting bids
- Bid depository
- Bonding and insurance
- Post-bidding process
Four half day (16 hours) of virtual lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive a 5 Gold Seal accredited certificate, you must complete the online portion after the 4 virtual classroom sessions.
June 20, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 21, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 22, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 23, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
What previous participants said:
“Very informative, well laid out course.”
“Overall great experience, enjoyed the instructor’s case examples.”
“Clear and well-spoken instructor.”
“Really gave me the basics I needed.”
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or [email protected] for more information.
Computer or laptop
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.