Set up in 4 - 1/2-day live instructor led online training sessions this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers and how to successfully manage a complex project.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of project planning
• Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK 5th Ed)
• Use the appropriate CCDC/CCA contract and/or Purchase Orders for the project
• Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
• Understand the estimating process
• Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
• Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
• Understand the components of projects – labour, materials, and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
• Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
• Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
• Use of site and office project cost control methods
• Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
• Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
• Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
• Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how these impacts required project profit margins
• Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
• Use of job profit forecasting methods to integrate into company forecasting systems
• Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
Four days (16 hours) of virtual lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive a 5 Gold Seal accredited certificate, you must complete the online portion after the 4 virtual classroom sessions.
June 27, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 28, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 29, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
June 30, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
What previous participants have said:
"Mark is filled with knowledge and experience and shares them seamlessly with the course students."
"There was lots of info to get through in two days and he kept me interested throughout."
"Course was very thorough, good breakdown of the theory and practical applications."
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.