Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor lead online training sessions this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Would you like to improve your construction site leadership skills?
This course will enhance your ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff, improve job site productivity and complete projects on time, on budget, and safely. Ideal for lead hands, foremen and front-line supervisors that want to increase their leadership effectiveness.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply different leadership styles and approaches
- Enhance the motivation and engagement of construction workers and teams
- Utilize leadership techniques to build cohesive and effective crews
- Understand the Eight Wastes in order to reduce downtime and inefficiencies on site
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate effectively with each one
- Recognize substance abuse and how to deal with it appropriately
- Improve their training skills and conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontational situations
- Use collaborative decision-making skills and build a collaborative culture
- Understand the importance of ethics and safety first when leading others
Instructor: Tim Williams, B.Econ., MBA, CPA, GSC is the President of BGC Partners Inc. BGC Partners provides training services tailor made for the construction industry. Tim has worked with numerous construction companies for over twenty years. He is a Gold Seal Certified project manager. He is an experienced and sought-after trainer who has trained construction owners and managers on behalf of construction industry associations across Western Canada.
January 6, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
January 7, 2022 - 8:30 AM to 12:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.