BC Housing: 6 CPD Points
The ESTS Electrical Worker Arc Flash & Shock training course was developed for workers who perform energized electrical work and is fully CSA Z462-21 and CSA Z1001 compliant. The overall course content was developed using industry accepted best practice standards as the underpinning in support of meeting provincial and federal regulatory due diligence for arc flash and shock.
The ESTS Electrical Worker Arc Flash & Shock training course focuses on workplace electrical safety and the identification of the electrical hazards of arc flash and shock against an assigned energized electrical work task following a defined work flow process. Justification for energized electrical work is reviewed. Completing a Risk Assessment Procedure and the application of the Hierarchy of Risk Control Methods to reduce risk are emphasized. Additional protective measures including defining Approach Boundaries, the selection of appropriate Electrical Specific PPE, Tools & Equipment with proper pre-use checks/inspection, care, use and maintenance and content related to utilizing appropriate work practices/procedures are provided.
ESTS Electrical Worker training is based on industry Standards and Regulations, providing documentation tools in support of the employer’s overall Occupational Health & Safety Management System and an Electrical Safety Program. Employers are required to have an updated Electrical Safety Program based on industry Standards and Regulations for workers to receive the most benefit from this course.
Learners will find training content is comprehensive and detailed, using interactive elements to help the student learn the concepts of how to apply the training in the field. Training is delivered from a first-person perspective and focuses on worker and supervisor relations. Additional videos and a 3D Virtual Electrical Workplace is used to illustrate the concepts.
- Explain the Regulations and Standards applicable to their role and responsibilities.
- Identify and understand electrical hazards and risk assessment.
- Effectively manage electrical hazards by following the Work Flow Process to safely execute energized electrical work.
- Learn how to complete an Arc Flash Risk Assessment and Shock Risk Assessment as part of an overall Risk Assessment Procedure (RAP).
- Apply preventive and protective control measures to reduce risk by understanding and applying the Hierarchy of Risk Control Methods.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Electrical Specific PPE, Tools & Equipment.
- Understand electrical incident emergency response and incident reporting requirements.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Regulations, consensus-based standards and best practices
- Module 3: Roles and responsibilities
- Module 4: Understanding electricity in the workplace
- Module 5: Electrical Hazards
- Module 6: Risk assessment procedure
- Module 7: Establishing and verifying an electrically safe work condition
- Module 8: Engineering and administrative controls
- Module 9: Electrical-specific PPE, tools, and equipment
- Module 10: Selection of PPE, tools, and equipment
- Module 11: Electrical specific PPE, tools, and equipment management
- Module 12: Emergency response, incident reporting, and electrical safety program maintenance
- Final Exam and Work Task Scenarios: Final assessment questions are fully randomized so workers never have the same exact questions.
Note: There is a 2 attempt maximum for the final exam.
Length: 6 hours
Upon successful completion you can print your personalized wallet certificate.
Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM PDT and will receive logins and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email Ally Bodnar at [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
All prices in Canadian dollars
|Arc Flash and Shock Training||
The course's responsive design works for all digital platforms including laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
No cancellations/refunds once the login/password has been activated by the student.