Gold Seal: 2 Credits * BC Housing: 8 CPD Credits
Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers (using the current PMBoK approach) and how to successfully manage a complex project.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of project planning
• Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
• Use the appropriate industry standardized contracts and/or Purchase Orders
• Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
• Understand the estimating process
• Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
• Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
• Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
• Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
• Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
• Use of site and office project cost control methods
• Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
• Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
• Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
• Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
• Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
• Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
The instructor, BGC Partners, has been approved by CCA for 2 CCA Gold Seal education credits and BC Housing for 8 Informal CPD credits upon successful completion.
The course includes 8 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.