Gold Seal: 2 Credits * BC Housing: 8 CPD Credits
The course is designed for construction estimators and those with experience in construction that desire to be estimators or improve their knowledge of estimating. Participants will learn skills and knowledge to estimate construction projects and prepare a successful bid.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Analyze projects and decide on which ones to bid
• Understand risk analysis and how to price this into a bid
• Do competitor analysis and understand how this impacts the bid
• Do client risk analysis and how to price this into bids
• Record material and other prices and maintain contact lists
• Formulate a bid strategy
• Understand how to prepare an estimate and the estimating process
• Become familiar with Construction Division Codes
• Understand how to present a bid
• Be familiar with how to use the bid depository and online bidding platforms
• Understand the requirements for bonding and insurance
• Understand the post-bidding process
• Work with project managers to pass on knowledge of the bid
What previous participants said:
“Great format. Presenter was well spoken as well as easy to follow and understand. Thanks!”
The instructor, BGC Partners, has been approved by CCA for 2 CCA Gold Seal education credits and BC Housing for 8 Informal CPD credits upon successful completion.
The course includes 10 video modules with 8 hours of expert instruction and material.