This course is intended for those who use the basic features of Microsoft Word but want to learn more. Participants will gain efficiency in using many of Word’s more advanced features to create and manage professional looking documents.
Modules and topics covered by this course:
1. Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Exporting your customizations
2. Advanced Formatting and Design
- Boarders and shading
- Styles and themes
- The Navigation pane
- Sections and breaks
3. Working with SmartArt
4. Tables and Charts
- Convert a text to a table
- Sort data
- Insert an Excel worksheet
- Create a new chart
- Insert an existing chart
- Track changes
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor.
You will need to have MS Word 2016 (or newer) desktop program downloaded and installed on computer. The web version will not be suitable.
In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a new session from a new provider. If you are looking for the full day (8 Hour) Microsoft Word Basics/Intermediate training we offered previously, please reach out to [email protected]
Duration: Half day (4 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – GoToTraining
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
A basic to intermediate knowledge of and experience with Word. New users should attend Word Part 1 (Basic) before taking this course. Note: Access to the Microsoft Word desktop app is required for this course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who use the basic features of Microsoft Word but want to learn more.
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
1. Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
2. Software/Programs – MS Word 2016 (or newer) desktop program downloaded and installed on computer. The course assumes that students have completed the Microsoft Office Basics course or have equivalent knowledge. The web version will not be suitable.
Download Program Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products
3. Second Screen - In order to participate in this course, you will require either two monitors or a second device (tablet) or computer so that you are able to watch the instructor while at the same time practicing and applying the new skills.
4. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class.
5. Microphone (Mandatory)
6. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
7. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
8. Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.