With Revu’s intuitive measurement tools and customizable interface, we can turn your highlighters into a data rich takeoff tools. This session will cover standard measurement tools and settings, various customization options, and the results in the Markups List.
- Introduction to Viewports
- Measurement Tips & Tricks
- Custom Estimating Tools
You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu® 2018 or newer. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work. If you have an older version, you can download a trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
You can download a free 30-day trial of Bluebeam Revu® here.
Duration: Two hours (2 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) each day.
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – Zoom Meetings
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Estimators, Project Assistants, and Document Controllers. Existing users will find great value in this course.
Participants are required to have completed the Bitesize Bluebeam 1: Baseline Basics course prior to attending this session.
Presenter: Troy DeGroot, Bluebeam Certified Instructor, UChapter2 | Owner
As a Bluebeam Certified Consultant, Bluebeam Certified Instructor, and Implementation Specialist, Troy travels the country training over 2,000 students annually with customized tools and workflows. It is these extensive and diverse training opportunities that have led to Troy being a requested annual presenter at AIA meetings, Bluebeam Academy and Bluebeam’s very own eXtreme Conference (XCON).
With over 20 years in the industry, Troy has cultivated a deep understanding of the requirements of customers, the needs of end users, common goals of management, and the capacities of the technology. He has led many companies through successful software implementations and training. Having served as the BIM Manager for a large multi-discipline engineering firm, he provides a broad understanding of the industry and the evolution of technology.
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
1. Computer or laptop
This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones or tablets will not be adequate.
You will need TWO screens for the training to be effective.
- The first screen needs to be a Windows computer with Bluebeam Revu® 2018 installed.
- The second screen is to display the Zoom meeting
- Tablets and cellphones would not be suitable as a second screen.
2. Software - You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu® 2018 . Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work. If you have an older version, you can download a 2018 trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
You can download a free 30-day trial here
3. A mouse with scroll wheel (Mandatory) - In Bluebeam there are several right-click shortcuts, and the wheel will help you zoom in/out on documents.
4. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
5. Microphone (Mandatory)
6. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
7. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
8. Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.