Bluebeam Revu: Estimating Level 2 is a course that takes you and your staff on a deeper dive of how-to Bluebeam Revu for Estimating at a more advanced level. Built specifically for individuals that have taken the Estimating Level 1 course, this course promises to build on that knowledge and improve your workflow efficiency.
Taught exclusively by Curtek, this half-day, instructor-led course promises to shorten your staff's learning curve and maximize your investment in Revu by:
- Providing hands-on instruction by an experienced Senior Estimator
- Focusing on the best practices needed to use Revu to achieve greater productivity
- Delivering frequent skills reinforcement through hands-on classroom activities, contextual feedback, quizzing, and discussion
- Applying a progressive learning structure where each learning module builds on previous learning objectives
- Equipping learners with takeaway reference material, including practice files and a reference workbook to use beyond the classroom
The Revu: Estimating Level 2 curriculum includes the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction
- Course introduction
- Review Profiles, Tool Sets, & Layers
Module 2: Spaces
- What are Spaces
- Adding, editing, and removing Spaces
- Dynamic Fill Spaces
- Classroom Exercise
Module 3: Managing Changes and Revisions
- Compare Documents
- Overlay Pages
- Batch Compare and Batch Overlay
Module 4: Slip Sheeting Take-off pages
- Replace Pages
- Batch Slip Sheeting
Module 5: Advanced Markups List
- Review of the Markups List
- Advanced custom columns with formulas
- Best Practices for Subject & Label
- Export Settings – Config
- Quantity Link (eXtreme only)
Module 6: Instructor Session: Questions and Answers
- Specific examples from Trainees real work will be addressed
Important Note: You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work.
Duration: One full day (8 Hours) of virtual lessons with an instructor.
Workshop Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST).
Delivery Method: Virtual Session – Zoom Meetings
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Presenter: Morgan Garry – Curtek
Morgan is a Bluebeam Certified Instructor. He has over a decade of hands-on experience in the construction industry, including owning his own construction company and working for one of the largest GC's in North America. He also holds a bachelor's degree in construction management from BYU-Idaho. Most importantly, he's a trusted expert in using Bluebeam technology on the construction site. Morgan's classes and training have helped some of the top construction companies in North America to improve processes, workflow, and project management with Bluebeam Revu.
Taking the Bluebeam Revu Basics course and the Bluebeam Revu Estimating Level 1 are mandatory as a prerequisite for the Estimating Level 2. Several of the topics taught in this course are built on the foundation of several topics taught in the basics/level 1 course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Estimators, Project Assistants, and Document Controllers. It would also be beneficial for any field or office professionals in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry that wishes to extend their understanding and use of Bluebeam Revu for Estimating purposes.
For support or inquiries, please email [email protected] or call 604-298-7795 during regular business hours.
1. Computer or laptop
2. This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cellphones will not be adequate.
3. You will need TWO screens for the training to be effective.
- The first screen needs to be a Windows computer with Bluebeam Revu 2020 installed.
- The second screen is to display the Zoom meeting (this could be a second monitor, a larger tablet (9" +).
4. Software - You will need a fully functioning version of Bluebeam Revu 2020. Any Windows version is ok (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme). The Mac version will not work. If you have an older version, you can download a 2020 trial and install it ‘side by side’ your existing install. This will allow you to continue to use your older version without losing your license and you can use the new version to follow along in the training.
5. Webcam (Mandatory) – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
6. Microphone (Mandatory)
7. Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
8. A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
9. Comfortable chair
You can download a free 30-day trial of Bluebeam Revu here: https://www.curtek.ca/bluebeam-trial
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.