100 Maplebank Road
Participants will develop skills and knowledge of how to manage a construction project. Participants will gain an understanding of the project processes and constraints encountered by project managers and how to successfully manage a complex project.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of project planning
• Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK 5th Ed)
• Use the appropriate CCDC/CCA contract and/or Purchase Orders for the project
• Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
• Understand the estimating process
• Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
• Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
• Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
• Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
• Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
• Use of site and office project cost control methods
• Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
• Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
• Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
• Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
• Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
• Use of job profit forecasting methods to integrate into company forecasting systems
• Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies
Two days (16 hours) of lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive your CPD accredited certificate you must complete the online portion after the 2 day course.
What previous participants have said:
"Mark is filled with knowledge and experience, and shares them seamlessly with the course students."
"There was lots of info to get through in two days and he kept me interested throughout."
"Course was very thorough, good breakdown of the theory and practical applications."
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Five (5) or more business days before the course: Full Refund of Registration Fee.
Less than five (5) business days before the course/day of the course: Complimentary substitution of another member of your company/team. No refunds. No transfers of registration fee to a future course date.
COVID-19 Update: If you are experiencing symptoms please contact us and stay home. We will refund attendees who are unable to attend training due to self-isolating.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.