Set up in 2 - 1/2-day live instructor lead online training sessions (8:30am – 12:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend both sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
The truth is that in our professional lives we don’t get what we deserve – we get what we negotiate. Are you finding your customers, clients, employees or boss or employers increasingly demanding, wanting more for less? Do you ever feel that you are being taken advantage of?
Many individuals often fail in negotiation not because they are unable to get an agreement, but because they walk away from the table when they could have done much better. In this seminar you will learn a proven, practical step-by-step approach to win-win negotiations and how to protect yourself from “hardball” negotiators.
Topics to be covered:
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- Understanding the difference between Collaborative “win-win” and Competitive “hardball” negotiations and how to know what game you are playing
- The characteristics of highly effective negotiators
- Understanding the different sources of negotiating power
- How to strengthen your bargaining position
- How to create an open communication flow that allows you to deeply understand the other party
- The 5 steps process to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your negotiations
- How to determine your “walk-away point”
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiators
- How to counter the 5 common manipulative strategies being used against you
- How to create win – win outcomes that ensure the other party lives up to their end of the bargain
Instructor: Greg Campeau has delivered over 2400 presentations and workshops throughout North America providing strategies and solutions that support both personal and organizational success. He has established a client list that includes organizations like Finning, Lafarge, NHL Coaches Association, BC Hydro, Rogers Wireless, APEG BC, SNC Lavalin, Klohn Crippen Berger and many more.
What previous participants said:
“Found it productive and informative.”
“A great course for personal and business relationships.”
“Very informative. I learned a lot about my current habits and weaknesses to overcome.”
“Great catalyst for a lot more than negotiating.”
March 9, 2021 8:30am - 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
March 10, 2021 8:30am - 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or email@example.com for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.