Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. In addition to the effects of COVID19- many people are also feeling the demands of the workplace, combined with the demands of home, and sometimes if becomes too much to handle. In this webinar we will explore the causes of such stress and suggest general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day.
What Will Participants Learn?
- Understand that stress is an unavoidable part of everybody’s life.
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload.
- Change the situations and actions that can be changed.
- Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed.
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress.
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining stress and how it affects us
- What is stress about?
- Building a solid foundation
- Mental strategies
- Stress at work
- Time management tips
- Stress at home
Presenter: Pamela Bragg - Sarkany Management Inc.
Pamela Bragg is the owner of Sarkany Management Inc., a Human Resources Consulting firm, which offers a broad range of HR services. Pamela has a comprehensive background in executive level human resources and holds a Masters Certificate in Strategic Human Resources & Organizational Change.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
Webinar Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.