Many people see conflict as a negative experience. In fact, conflict is a necessary part of personal growth and development. However, conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. They become engaged in a battle that does not result in growth.
In this 2 hour live online session we explore:
- What conflict is and how it can escalate.
- The types of conflict and the stages of conflict.
- The most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Ways to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
While this session is part of a series, participants are not required to attend all sessions in the series or attend in any sequence. Each session can be attended independently.
Presenter: Pamela Bragg - Sarkany Management Inc.
Pamela Bragg is the owner of Sarkany Management Inc., a Human Resources Consulting firm, which offers a broad range of HR services. Pamela has a comprehensive background in executive level human resources and holds a Masters Certificate in Strategic Human Resources & Organizational Change.
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
Webinar Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones or tablets may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- For a full list of Zoom’s requirements click here
- Downloading of the Zoom app will ensure a much faster experience https://zoom.us/support/download
- Webcam – in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.