Construction meetings are an important part of the successful management of construction projects. Regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate better communication and produce better results making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully.
Typically, the responsibility of the General Contractor, proper meeting minutes of these construction meetings reflect the view of all stakeholders and should be a complete, reliable and accurate documentation of the current status of the project as well as the next steps, as agreed to by all parties. This, however, is not as easy at it sounds. Proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, the understanding of the risk involved if an action item is not completed as promised.
Topics will include:
• Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
• Types of construction meetings and when to have them
• Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
• Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
• Importance of construction meeting minutes to manage deliverables and risk
• Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
• Managing actionable items
• Understanding how construction meeting minutes become permanent records
• Distribution and follow-up
Upon successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
• Create and implement a construction meeting protocol and meeting minute process and procedure
• Have a greater understanding of the need to listen effectively and to record accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
• Improve project outcomes and enhance project success by the actioning and delivery of project deliverables by stakeholders
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
What previous participants said:
Registered students will receive their login information form the instructor in advance of the class.
Important Note: Computer or laptop with webcam and microphone (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
Instructor: Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC
Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC is Founder and President of Constructing Minds Inc., a company dedicated to providing relevant and applicable training to the construction industry.
Lee has boots on the ground experience. With over 40 years of construction management/general contracting experience under her belt she has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats in projects valued from $500,000 to $305mil. Lee knows construction because she has built it.
Lee has been a long serving member on the National Gold Seal Committee, has won the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) “Chancellor’s Award of Excellence” and has earned certificates in “Teaching and Training Adults” and “Instructional Design”.
Lee’s enthusiasm for training and the construction industry makes her a highly informative, interactive, motivated and sought-after Trainer and Consultant for contracting companies from coast to coast.
Workshop Times: August 16, 2021 - 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Computer or laptop
- This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell-phones may not be adequate.
- Windows 10 or Mac iOS
- Webcam - (MANDATORY)– in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
- Microphone - (MANDATORY)
- Internet connection - For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. Minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions - microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
- Comfortable chair
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 5 business days prior to the webinar date will result in a full refund.
Registrants who do not attend/log into a webinar, and/or who do not notify ICBA of cancellation at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the webinar. There will be no refunds or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the webinar.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel webinars due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.