#12 - 45787 Yale Road
This full day Scissor Lift Training Session is designed to give operators the tools they need to stay safe and productive. This session is open to novice and experienced operators as well as operators requiring their re-certification.
This training session will consist of:
The instructor will guide trainees through a comprehensive and interactive review of the operator workbook covering:
- Applicable Regulations
- Types of Aerial Lifts
- Main parts of a Scissor Lift
- Understanding Scissor Lift Safety
- Fuels and Batteries
Written Theory Exam
The written test will be based on the concepts covered in the operator’s reference manuals. The test consists of twenty (20) multiple choice type questions. These tests are graded and returned to the trainees and then reviewed to ensure understanding. A minimum score of 70% is required to pass this phase of the program.
The hands-on portion of the program is where the trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures and parking/shut-down procedures and then given the opportunity to practice under the helpful eye of the program instructor.
The trainees are assessed as having reached a minimum skill level and are individually evaluated using a Scissor Lift in a reasonably challenging course (site specific). Following the evaluation, trainees are de-briefed and given the opportunity to address any issues they may have regarding any phase of the program. Each successful trainee's employer will receive official records and documents shortly after the end of the program.
All successful participants will receive the following documentation:
- Operators Card
- Written Assessment Results
- Practical Evaluation Assessment Results
- Record Sheet/Folder
- Certificate valid for 24 months as per CSA Standards
Important: Photo ID is required to receive a certificate.
Please contact Ally Bodnar at 604-298-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note the following before you purchase your training:
- In-class courses will be conducted with full adherence to health and safety guidelines as prescribed by BC’s Provincial Health Officer regarding the current pandemic. Students agree to follow facility and instructor directions regarding health and safety protocols while attending training.
- Students who attend in-class training are fully and personally responsible for their own safety and actions while and during class sessions with the recognition that they may be at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Students who have experienced symptoms such as fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough or exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has traveled by sea or by air internationally (including the United States) within 14 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who have been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
- Students who reside in a household with someone who has been diagnosed to be infected of COVID-19 virus within 30 days before in-class training starts will not be permitted to attend training.
COURSE REGISTRATION CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS & REFUNDS:
Cancellations received at least 10 business days prior to the course date will result in a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 10 business days but more than 5 full business days prior to the course date are subject to an administration fee of $100 per day for full and half-day seminars, or $25 for breakfast sessions.
Registrants who do not show up for a course, and/or who do not notify ICBA at least 5 full business days prior to the course date will be assessed the full cost of the course. There will be no refunds, transfers, or credits in this case.
Substitution of attendees is permitted up to and including the day of the course.
COURSE CANCELLATION BY ICBA:
ICBA may have to postpone or cancel courses due to insufficient enrolment, in which case ICBA’s liability will be limited to a refund of the registration fee.